This Cell was established and functions on the basis of the guidelines set forth by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). It works towards improving and maintaining the quality of education, identifying and suggesting new ways of using teaching aids, developing suitable infrastructure and offering suggestions for new self-financing courses. The IQAC has been diligently involved in helping the Management and Principal and other committees by offering valuable suggestions and measures in order to have consistency in maintaining the quality of education. Thus, IQAC is an effective and efficient internal co-ordinating and monitoring mechanism
Chairperson & Principal
Dr. M. Sivarajan
Mrs. V. Shantha
IMPORTANCE OF IQAC
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement. . The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
FUNCTIONS OF IQAC
- The institution has active Quality Advisory Cell (QAC) and Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to frame the policy for the academic and administrative growth of the institution.
- IQAC is playing a major role in designing and maintaining quality assurance within academic systems.
- IQAC monitors the proper implementation and analysis of overall academic and administrative performances of the college activities.
- The cell supports the teaching and learning goals articulated in the institution’s strategic plan.
- As the institution has grown in size and stature, it has evolved certain quality assurance measures keeping in mind the academic and administrative requirements.
Some of the measures taken by IQAC:
- IQAC ensures maximum utilization of infrastructural facilities and the available ICT resources.
- IQAC ensures the proper implementation of academic calendar.
- Regular meeting of IQAC is conducted to discuss various measures related to quality enhancement.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Documentation of various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Promoting co-curricular and extra- curricular activities in the college.
- As per the suggestion of IQAC, a feedback is collected from students, parents and Alumni and also reviewed.
- Appraisal report of teaching / and non- teaching staff is received and after evaluation by the Head of the Institution is forwarded to the higher authorities.
- Lesson plan implementation for proper execution of Teaching Learning.
- Introduction of new Courses including Postgraduate and Add-on Courses.
- Strengthening of Library.
- Improvement in students supports systems.
- Organizing seminars, conferences and workshops at different levels.
- Extension and upgradation of Classrooms and Laboratories.
- Inculcate ICT based Teaching-learning process
- The IQAC monitors the well-being of the college in all respects.
The IQAC has to ensure that whatever is done in the institution for “education” is done efficiently and effectively with high standards. In order to do this, the IQAC has established procedures and modalities to collect data and information on various aspects of institutional functioning.